10 tips to creating engaging Facebook Page posts | Facebook for Business
10 tips to creating engaging Page posts
This post will walk you through the easy steps to creating great engaging post to increase and improve your chances of being shown in News Feed in Facebook. They are simple but effective suggestions. We stage all of our post for the new month and then only have to post when some daily or exciting happens. This allows us to keep our facebook fan page relative, current and we don’t have to stop our dinner meal to go post on our facebook fan page wall !
Link posts now have a larger, clickable area that helps drive people to your website.
- In your Page’s sharing tool, enter the offsite URL, then hit Enter
- The title, description and image are taken from your URL, but you can still customize the text and image of the post
- We have increased the size of the image for these types of posts, so ensure you select compelling imagery that will blend into the News Feed experience
Rich media like photos and videos get more attention and help your message stand out in News Feed
- Use Lifestyle images like the ones you see from your friends on Facebook are always engaging.
- Try sharing images of your products or photos of your customers enjoying your services
- Try to keep your posts between 100 and 250 characters to get more engagement. Shorter, succinct posts are better received
Ask your audience to share their thoughts and feedback on your product and services. This is another way to listen to your customers and improve your business.
- Posting content that shows you took their feedback into consideration can build customer loyalty and show you value their ideas
- In Action: Modify Watches, a company that creates mix-and-match watches, asks customers for input on product designs and names, and builds ongoing watch designs from this real-time feedback
Offer special deals or perks to your customers to keep them interested and to drive online sales. Include call to actions with links to the most relevant page on your website.
- In Action: BarkBox creates posts with promotional codes. They found that valuable offers like buy-1-get-1-free or discounts over 20% are were more likely to be shared and it helped them spread the word about their business.
- To improve engagement with your promotions, include clear calls to action, redemption details, and when the promotion ends to add a sense of urgency.
Reward people who are connected to your Page and drive loyalty and online sales by providing them with exclusive information.
- Make them feel special by sharing exclusive product news, contests and events.
- In action: PhotoBarn created a Mother’s Day 10-Day Giveaway of PhotoBarn products on their Page
Your audience will be more likely to engage with posts when they’re related to subjects that are top of mind, like current events or the holidays
- Timeliness is also important when replying to comments on your posts. The faster you reply, the more likely fans will engage with you in the future.
- Tip: Post a daily sneak peek of upcoming product sales 2 weeks prior to Black Friday or Cyber Monday
The easiest way to stay in regular contact with fans is by creating a conversational calendar with ideas about what to talk about each week or month.
A content calendar will not only help you post regularly, but will ensure your content is well planned, interesting, and that you don’t miss major business events and news. Find a frequency that works for you and your audience.
Manage your time and plan your posts according to a them. By using this technique you can schedule your posts in advance and plan for upcoming holiday events and specials
- To schedule your posts, simply click the clock icon on the lower left-hand corner of your Page’s sharing tool
- Schedule your posts when most of your fans are online. You can find out when your fans are online by visiting your Page Insights and going to the posts tab
- After you’ve scheduled a post, you can manage your scheduled posts by going to the top of your Page and choosing Edit Page and then selecting Use Activity Log
If your posts are meant for specific groups of people, you can target your post in your Page’s sharing tool by clicking on the target icon at the bottom left corner and selecting Add Targeting.
You can target your post based upon gender, relationship status, educational status, interests, age, location, and language.
Check your Page Insights regularly to understand what’s working to keep your posts relevant and engaging. Page Insights will help you understand your audience and what types of content interests them.